Friday, November 19, 2010

Slightly Premature

Supermarket Christmas Trees

I saw these Christmas trees lines up outside a supermarket today and was a little surprised. I can't imagine that they'll last very well all the way up until Christmas! I suppose some people will try anyway, though.

I have to admit, I took this photo mainly to play with one of the features of a new lens: image stabilization. I took the shot at 1/10s, f/2.8, and 17mm (26mm full-frame equivalent). Even with the somewhat-short focal length, there's no way I would've had a chance of getting something reasonably sharp at 1/10s without it. Finally, I was most of the way through importing the photo before I realized I also used an ISO of 1600, and didn't even do any noise reduction. The D200 does better at high ISO than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment