Thursday, December 2, 2010

Substation

Substation

I've wanted to try for a picture of this substation for a while now, since I see it at night on a regular basis. I was in the parking lot of an adjacent apartment complex with my tripod for a while, trying different shots (and doing some bracketing), and frankly wondered if someone would decided that taking pictures of a substation was suspicious. However, no cops came, and the only people who talked to me seemed genuinely curious about what I was doing.

Sometime I want to get some photos of the one up by the mouth of the canyon, too. It's much larger and more impressive, plus I think I'd have more chances for different angles. (Most of the sides of this one are obstructed, and I had parked cars to further restrict my positioning on the one good side.)

No comments:

Post a Comment