Monday, March 21, 2011

Bed Shelves

Bed Shelves

I'm finally mostly done with the shelves I built on Saturday! I can still use some more organization, and I'm debating adding some bracing (the shelves are fairly sturdy without it, but do sway a bit), but this is a pretty-much-done shot.

Still to do: add a hook to hang my bike from (probably the top 2x4, toward the foot of the bed). Also, I still need to make the shelves that will go atop the filing cabinet barely in the shot at camera right.

7 comments:

  1. When I saw this, I laughed out loud. That caused Hazel to laugh. So I laughed some more. We laughed for like five minutes. My cheeks hurt.

    I wish I could see this in person. I did not realize they went OVER your bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for laughing. :) You are welcome to see them in person the next time you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy....what does your roommate think???

    Not that it isn't awesome. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. He doesn't seem to mind. :) In fact, I don't think he could help but see them as a Good Thing: I finally don't have stuff all around my bed that has nowhere else to go! My side of the room hasn't been this clean since he moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had drawers under our beds!!

    Also, I always wondered what your little bedroom pantry looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we didn't have drawers under our beds! They just get in the way. :)

    I actually don't keep all that much food back in my room; mostly it's just gear. And before, what food was back here (but not in buckets) just lived on the floor next to my bed. This way is much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I hope you don't have an earthquake! :)
    Seriously, though, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete