Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Neighborhood Shots

0199

Sometimes, when I don't have anything much happening to take a picture of, I just end up going for a walk and looking for interesting scenes. That's what happened today.

I was playing with perspective, and took shots of these construction barricades from a bunch of different angles (including different heights). There were actually six of them, which is what originally caught my eye while I was walking, but two didn't make it into this photo. (I wonder why they needed six clustered around one closed manhole?)

I contemplated climbing a nearby tree to get yet another perspective, but decided against it because it wasn't very climbable. Maybe next time.

Also, I wish I knew how to use flash to fill in the foreground, because I think this shot could've really used it. That'll have to wait for a future time too.

0202

I was taking pictures of this apartment complex at dusk when a couple turned the corner and started walking down the sidewalk. I like the scene much better with them in it, even though they aren't the most prominent part of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment