Friday, October 8, 2010

Trip to Temple Square

0759

I took a trip to Temple Square this evening to just experiment. I'd been through there last week to pick up the camera charger and my phone (which I managed to leave with my friend), but didn't have the time to stop and just explore and take pictures the way I wanted. Today's trip was an hour and a half of just wandering around, experimenting with light and perspective, and finding subjects that I liked.

This first one was of a fountain near the Church Office Building. I started off with a picture of the fountain itself (when the setting sun hit it just right), but decided I liked the close-up view better.

0744

I took this picture just because I liked the idea of focusing on the little girls staring into the pool, while a new bride appeared blurred-out in the background (which is a reversal of what we usually consider the most important in a photo). Thinking about it now, I realize that this could represent two stages of life: going from childhood to married adult. In fact, the girl on the right is looking toward the bride across the reflecting pool, as if looking toward her own wedding day in the far future. I didn't intend that when I took the picture, but I really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment